Avoid the Mud

In my previous post about "Wait," I have this title for my new posting. "Avoid the Mud," is what I learned when I did not learn to wait.

I was working in the yard early this morning, and pulling some of the stray weeds that were appearing. The soil was lovely and soft after the heavy rains we were experiencing over the past few days. I was pleased that the weeds were not resisting, and so I carried on without observing the danger of the mud. As I proceeded to place the weeds on the curb, I did not notice a spot of mud in the gutter, and guess what? Whoops, I fell.... I know my angels were working to soften my fall, because I did not experience any mishaps, thank you Lord.

I learned from this experience. Be watchful for the mud when taking steps, no matter where I may be heading. Now, if I had waited until the ground had dried, there would not have been mud to be concerned about. I could not wait for this to happen, so I took matters into my own hands. Do you get the lesson?

This lesson can extend to other situations as well, like not concerning ourselves with all the mud being slung around in this world. Yes, we are to avoid it, but not go walking into it.

Sometimes we are unable to avoid a pit that the enemy has dug for us to fall into. But, the Word of God tells us, "I waited patiently for the Lord, and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."  Psalm 40:1-2  KJV

I will now be more careful!!