Food - Feeding?

Every living creature on this earth needs food in order to survive

I was reminded by this very thought while I was feeding my pet Parakeet, Sunshine today. I was making sure she had enough food and water in her bowls. Then I proceeded to water my house plants, of which I have quite a number. After that I dished in food for our pet dogs, Buster and Mitzi. Now Buster is still a puppy, and can't wait till food is available for him. Mitzi is much older, and will rather wait it out till she thinks a more tasty morsel will come her way. She does not favor dog food, so I need to disguise it with some flavoring.

We don't have children in our home these days, so there is no concern for them for food, except when we invite them over to share a meal with us. The only concern is for my husband and myself, and whether we are eating nourishing food everyday. It is really a joy for me to make food, in fact I am always reading recipes in order to see if there are interesting ways I can prepare the meals so that they do not become boring. I am also very careful not to prepare food that may be detrimental to our health. Too much sugar and fat, or food made with processed ingredients(which is difficult to find these days.)

I have a question for us. Do we think of feeding our souls? That part of us needs nourishment as well.

Now, you may say, "What is feeding our souls?"  The soul has need of food as well, not physical food, but food such as love and acceptance, forgiveness, inspiration, kindness, and the list goes on.
A baby will die if not given food, love, and protection. So, our bodies that are babies in comparison with eternity.

There are ways of feeding our souls(spirits). By seeking God, the one who created us and cares for us. It is not His will that anyone should die from not being nourished. Our spirits are nourished by His Word, and gratefulness toward Him for all he does in our lives.

Here are a few scriptures that I like feeding on:

Jeremiah 15:16 "Thy Words were found, and I did eat them; and thy Word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy Name, O Lord God of hosts."

Psalm 119:103 "How sweet are thy Words unto my taste; yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth."

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them: "I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me, shall never thirst."

I have quoted from the King James Version of the Bible.